Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Blogging-oh the blogging!

It feels nice to be blogging again. I had totally talked myself into believing that blogging less was a good thing, but I actually missed it-and the motivation it brought with it. I love the escape blogging allows-escape from my constant thought of tracking and food and life. For some reason, while the blog keeps me on track throughout the day, it somehow manages to allow me the freedom to not spend my ENTIRE day thinking about my points or what my next meals will be. Do any of you have a constant dialogue going on in your head? What am I thinking, of course you do, you are a woman. At least blogging allows me to escape from some of the thoughts that were once consuming my thoughts daily-food, points, and weight. Now I can spend my time aimlessly thinking about weekend plans, what dress to wear to the upcoming wedding we are going to, what color to dye my hair in 2 weeks when I FINALLY get to get a cut and color, how long of a walk I should take this afternoon (oh wait it’s raining, maybe I should do the elliptical, maybe I should take a break-and that back and forth). It’s amazing how many thoughts circulate through my (and every other woman’s) brain in like 30 seconds. I don’t think a man would last an hour in our shoes!

Along with the addition of blogging back in my life, as of yesterday (as I mentioned in yesterday’s post) I have gone back to the new plan and man did I miss it. The free fruits, the better choices, the healthier eating- it’s amazing how switching from the old plan to the new plan changed so much within just a week. Yesterday I had a banana, an apple, and an orange. It was AMAZING. And, as I mentioned yesterday, today’s post will include a food breakdown for the first time in a long time (go ahead and judge because the hubby and I went to a Braves game last night and we had a great time and I don’t feel one ounce of guilt about it!) Speaking of the Braves, I’m really looking forward to more impromptu trips to the Ted to get our Tomahawk Chop on-it should be a fun spring! Until next time: good eats!

Now for the part you’ve been waiting for:

Tuesday Food Breakdown:

Breakfast was a cinnamon raisin bagel thin (oh man I’m so glad they added more varieties to this line because I love me some bagel thins) with 2 T of whipped Cream Cheese for 5 points.

Snacks included an apple and a banana with Nutella (2 T=5 points).

Lunch was a smart ones (3 cheese baked ziti) for 8 points.

Afternoon snack included an orange-did I already mention how excited I am about the free fruit.

Dinner included wings (I had 5 of our 20 for 15 points) with some cheese fries (12 points-I don’t know exactly how many I had so I’m over guestimating here) and a coke (I filled it with ice so less soda and the hubby helped so I’m counting it as 4 points). We went to a little bar next to Turner Field before the game and just got to unwind from our work day before walking across the street to enjoy some Braves baseball. (Come onSpring and more baseball at the Ted!)

Yes, I can count, I used 20 extra points yesterday because of our dinner-but again, no guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment