Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Is that sound the motivation train whistle coming back through?

I know I’ve posted on this before, but seriously, where does the time go? I’ve already been at Carroll Tire for a month now. CRAZY. I have to say, 40 hour work weeks definitely make the weeks fly by. It seems like it was just Friday (last week) and it’s already halfway through this week’s Wednesday.

Fortunately, I think I’ve finally gotten the work, workout, house work routine figured out for the work week. In fact, yesterday after work I took the dog for a 3 mile walk, did the laundry, and made dinner all before 8 o’clock. Afterwards I was able to sit down and relax and watch Karate Kid (the newer one with Will Smith’s son in it) with the hubby (definitely his choice). I’ve come to the conclusion that in order for me to be successful with my workout goals I have to get right to work when I get home in the afternoons-that means no lounging around on the bed/couch saying I’ll do it in an hour (because we all know that hour translate into the rest of the evening) but immediately changing out of my work clothes into workout clothes, lacing up the tennis shoes, putting Jake’s collars on and walking right back out the door and hitting the trail. In my head this sounds awful, when do I rest? But honestly, last night’s walk was amazing. I haven’t been feeling well the last several days (sore throat, achy body, light-headedness and headaches-thank you allergy season that came way to early because of all the Spring-like weather-at least I hope that’s to blame) but I powered through it and when I was done (no it wasn’t the miracle cure and no I didn’t feel 100% better, not even 75% better) I was so glad I did. The fresh air was great. The walk was invigorating. I know Jake was grateful to get out of the house. My body was happy. And believe it or not, the walk actually helped motivate me to make better dinner choices: I avoided the homemade oreo cheesecake in the refrigerator. (An article posted on a blog I read helped too: http://troykennedy.typepad.com/getting_stronger/2010/11/how-to-lose-a-pound.html ) As a final hooray for the walk, it helped me get a better night’s sleep last night also!

Taking a step back (to the link posted above): WOW. I mean we all knew this, but having it put into words and actually reading and then breaking it down into those snacks we all love but know are so not worth it-WOW. It definitely opened my eyes (and was another helpful tool to avoid the cheesecake last night). I LOVE reading articles, books, blogs, etc…about fitness, losing weight, and creating a healthy lifestyle. So, instead of just sitting in front of the TV watching Karate Kid I decided to multitask-and what woman doesn’t do this on a DAILY basis?- and pour through one of the library books I picked up a few weeks ago. It discusses the benefits of eating “power foods” and talks about ways to go about changing more than just our eating habits and in turn figure out that we actually like who we are (the way we are). I got some great meal ideas and I’ll be trying them out in the next few days! Have you read any interesting articles lately? Have any advice?

How have you been doing with your goals? Are you sticking with it? Giving up? Remember: One step and one day at a time-No one can do it for you but YOU! Until tomorrow: good eats!

Tuesday Food Breakdown:

Breakfast was a bit out of the normal routine with a Fruit Smoothie made with frozen banana, frozen peaches, frozen mixed berries, 1 C of OJ and ¾ C of water. DELICIOUS! (3 points)

Snacks during the day included a piece of beer bread (4 points) and a pomegranate.

Lunch included a leftover piece of meatloaf (from a WW cookbook with a few tweaks because I didn’t have everything it called for) for 6 points.

Dinner was a chicken breast cooked with sautéed onions, mushrooms and garlic combined with cooking wine and cream of mushroom soup (7 points) served over ½ c of rice (3 points) and brussel sprouts (2 points because I used oil to cook them). I also had a sprite (sore throat, remember and not feeling well) 4 points.

Total for the Day was 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment