Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday for the Win!

I don’t know what it is about this blog that keeps me motivated but I’ve realized that in the last month or so that I haven’t been faithful to my writing I’ve found small (well large) loop holes for indulging in things that are definitely not point friendly and quite honestly nowhere close to being health friendly-Red Robin burgers (what happened to my not eating at food chains?), ice cream (I scream, you scream we all scream for….SUGAR and FAT), chips (don’t even get me started on the ways these are bad); I think you get the picture. While I have tracked-okay, back up a few steps, I have tracked most of what I eat but weekends come and I haven’t been as honest with my tracking as I was being. An oversight here, a forgotten soda there, and before you know it I’m finding myself back in that old rut of “I’ll just start over next week.” I even convinced myself that the plan wasn’t working as well (which, in all honesty I still question) as the old plan so I switched for a week. Guess what I discovered? I ate less fruit (that same old mentality of not wanting to “waste” points when they are so hard to come by), even bought some smart ones, and found myself in that old behavior of eating more processed foods and less of the good stuff. REALITY CHECK: while the results I was seeing while doing the new plan were definitely not coming as quickly (I apparently need instant gratification-what happened to my mantra: one day at a time?) as the results I saw using the old plan, results were still there. I’m down several inches all over. I’m wearing pants I haven’t worn in a year. Shirts are fitting better. So, results are there, the scale just isn’t being as friendly. [Enter the excuse making -stage right]

Luckily, unlike previous attempts, I’m not letting those excuses [exit stage left] stand in my way. Today is the start of a new week with tracking so I’m throwing that old plan out (as it should be) and getting back on track with the new one. Welcome back to my lunch box banana, apple, orange, and blueberries!

I do have to take just a second to make a clarification though. My weekly tracking has been great. Also, last week I walked 5 days a week with walks ranging from 2 miles a day to 5 miles a day. I even spent a good part of the weekend dancing (a workout all in itself I’m telling you) with friends while we played “just dance 2”.

I’m not exactly sure where I’m going to fit it in, but I’m getting back on track with posts too. It seems like for me it was way easier to stay motivated when I knew I was not only going to have to look at my journal myself but I was going to be posting it for anybody that stumbles upon this site to read-and let’s be honest: JUDGE. So, here’s to adding better foods back into my day, journaling like a pro, and posting on a daily basis. Tomorrow’s post will include the food breakdowns come back also!

Until tomorrow: good eats!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it :)! Now I can go back to the days of checking your blog a couple times a day to see if you've written yet. And, now I need to get back to blogging a few times a week! LOVE YOU! p.s. T-minus 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete