Monday, January 31, 2011

Because a little birdie told me it'd be helpful...

Per a friendly request I’m going to do Saturday and Sunday’s Food Breakdown. While I chose to not put it up because I took a “break” this weekend, my friend was right-what better time to do my food break down than on days I didn’t strictly adhere to the plan. So here goes nothing-no judging! =)

Saturday Food Break down:

Breakfast included an onion Alternative Bagel. I found these at Publix earlier in the week and figured it’d be a great alternative to the 7, sometimes 8, point bagels I love oh-so-much! I combined it with 1 oz of Cream Cheese for a total of 6 points (3 points for each the bagel and CC).

Lunch wasn’t exactly an ordinary meal. Michael and I were in the process of getting ready to go out for a run and breakfast happened kind of more towards lunch time so I went for something light: 2 servings of store bought tortilla chips (7 points) and some peach/pineapple salsa I got from Publix (around the deli department).

Snack was a plain alternative bagel (3 points) and 1 T of Jif’s Creamy Peanut Butter (3 points) that I had on my return from the run. Let’s just say-running isn’t my thing. I made it the mile Michael wanted me to run and as soon as I saw the mile marker I stopped. My day one mile time was 10:00 minutes. I’ve decided to keep track of its progress much like my weight-I’ve got a sheet of paper on my “goals” board that I track with at every weigh in. Here’s to improvement.

Dinner was a bit of a splurge. Michael’s dad and brother came to the house to help us start our painting expedition so we took them to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Lawrenceville Highway. I stayed away from soda (one of my favorite times to have it is when I’m having Mexican food) and opted for water with lemon. I had the chips and salsa but had a reasonable portion and didn’t have any of that oh-so-delightful cheese dip. I pondered between 2 dinner options-the steak fajitas or pollo ajallo (deep fried chicken with grilled peppers, onions, and fresh jalapenos). The fajitas (grilled) won! To stay within portion and reasonable points values I opted only to have the steak, peppers, and onions. What does that mean? That means I didn’t have any of the beans, rice, sour cream, guac, or tortillas that are served with them-all of which are super yummy but just add to the points. This brought my dinner total to 18 points according to the dining out guide from WW and put me at 8 points over my daily limit. However, if you factor in the running, walking, basketball and painting that we did during the day it more than counterbalances the extra points.

Sunday Food Break down:

Breakfast was a concoction of oatmeal (2 packets for 5), brown sugar (1 T for 1) and craisins (1/3 of a serving for 2) for a total of 8 points.

Lunch included a trip to the Wal-Mart deli (trust me I didn’t want it just as much as you are thinking to yourself right now that you don’t want it) for 7 wings, potato wedges, and broccoli slaw. The wings were small but accounted for 14 points (thanks to my complete food guide from WW). Potato wedges, according to KFC from the Dining Out Guide, count for 7 points but I didn’t have the entire serving so I counted it as 5 (better safe than sorry). The broccoli slaw was 2 points. Now I know some of you are thinking, I thought she said she made good choices. Take into consideration that my options were fried fish, fried chicken, fried okra, mac & cheese, potato salad loaded with mayo, fried jalapeno poppers, and did I mention FRIED…the choices I made were solid in my book! Lunch total of 21 points.

At the young couples gathering I made another GREAT choice. The hostess has an array of delectable goodies from dips and chips to sweets and sodas. I stuck with my water I brought myself. I also treated myself to some Texas Caviar and fresh fruit-yup, you heard me right-not a SINGLE sweet was consumed by yours truly! Considering I hung out in the kitchen the entire 2 and a half hours we were at the gathering surrounded by all those yummies I was super happy about my choices and will power! (pat on the back for me!)

Dinner included a trip to I-Hop. Again, I know what you are thinking-chain restaurant. I however did not have any meat-I stuck with pancakes. I had an order of the New York Cheesecake Pancakes topped with fresh bananas. According to the Dining Out Guide it was a total of 28 points but I didn’t finish my servings so I counted it as 21. I know I know-lots of points, but again we went running (I ran 1.25 miles yesterday and my mile time was 9:45) and did lots of painting.

For two days worth of a break, especially the week prior to that wonderful time, I think I did a good job. Did I adhere to my points? Not as much as I would have liked to but I have no guilt about my choices. I do wish I’d had more prepared at home meals and more fruit, but in the end I feel good about my choices. Did you see the part about no sweets at the gathering?

No comments:

Post a Comment