Thursday, February 17, 2011

Life Happens

Again I have to offer my apologies for the lateness of this blog post. This was so much easier when I wasn’t working and all I was doing was hanging out at the house all day. Now it seems like I can’t ever find enough time in the day to get done what I need to do. My days went from “what should I do now that all the house work is done” to “when in the world is the house work going to get done.” Needless to say, the hour to two hours that was once dedicated to plowing through my thoughts, deciphering the important ones and plotting them out on paper has now become the 20-30 minutes before bedtime (after I’ve fit everything else into my evening that has to happen like cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, walking the dog, doing my workout, and actually spending a few minutes with the hubby) that in all honestly has become increasingly more difficult to make happen. It’s sad. I LOVE this blog. I love what it has brought to my life and the habits it’s helping me form. I love that it has encouraged me to seek out other bloggers with the same basic idea (food, health, life) and the creative ideas I’ve gotten from reading them. I love the support all of you have offered during the early stages of this journey. Most importantly, I love being able to get all of these thoughts out of my mind (they are CONSTANT) and put them to paper because it helps me make sense of them and to think through them. Overall, I LOVE this blog. How do you fit everything into your day that has to be there? Are my time management skills in need of mending? Do any of you have any ideas about how I can fit more into my day? Again this makes me think of that earlier post when I reflected on “what’s this work thing for” I mean life would be so much easier if all I had to do all day was clean the house, walk the dog, and focus on this blog! =) That’s just a daydream!

Back to reality and what it means for this blog…

While I would love to think that I’m going to find the time to post EVERY day, sadly I have to be realistic. Most likely (while the goal is to blog every day) posts will come every other day now. Sad, I know. I’m going to try my hardest to post daily-again, it has become a passion-but sometimes life happens and timing just doesn’t work in my favor. Take last night for example-I got home, relaxed (I could have posted but my brain and my eyes needed a break from the computer screen), walked the dog, got dinner ready, ate, spent time with the hubby, and then (thanks to the idea of a good friend) we went out for a little mini date to get some bubble tea. By the time we got home, got ready for bed, and spent some much needed time just hanging out blogging was a distant reality. So, for those days were life just must be lived you’ll have to look for a post the next day! When that happens there will be food breakdowns for all days missed. Regardless of posts I am still journaling a way-and what do you know, this far down the road it has become so much easier, not a hassle at all, almost like second nature!

I’m also currently reading several books (thanks to the Gwinnett County public library system) and will be sharing all about that soon as I’ve gotten some fun recipes and some new ideas to try.

Wednesday Food Breakdown:

Breakfast was an English Muffin (3) with butter (2).

Lunch was more veggie soup (3).

Snacks (throughout the whole day) 2 bananas, carrots, tzatziki dip (2), pack of crackers-whole grain with cheese (5), an apple, and ½ a pack of crackers-sour cream and chives that I shared with the hubby (2.5).

Dinner was leftover bbq that I ate as an open faced sandwich on a loaf of beer bread (I got the recipe from Sarah-we’ve been swapping so many lately and I LOVE it) that was super easy to make and definitely delicious. I had 1 and a half servings for 18.5 points which dipped into myextra points by 7.

Our after dinner date included a trip to Mozart’s Bakery for bubble tea (we are trying to find a place near the house that can compare to our favorite place for bubble tea Pho Bac on Buford Highway-so far no luck) for 8 points. Overall that put me at 15 over for the day leaving me with 24 extra points left for the week. This week I’ve decided to use them at the beginning of the week (a method that worked well for me in the past) instead of loading up at the end of the week right before weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment