Friday, February 4, 2011

Short and Sweet

Another end to a busy day. Adjusting to full time work and being a wife is going to take some time. Since walking in the door 4 hours ago I haven’t had the opportunity to sit down until just now. I’ve worked out, cooked dinner, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, done the laundry, and now-finally- I can rest! I must admit though, the last week I’ve had so much energy. I’m going on 3 weeks with NO soda, I’ve cut out a good deal of processed foods, I haven’t had anywhere near the amount of sugar that I was previously consuming, and I’ve been exercising vigorously on a pretty consistent basis. Luckily, my body has responded positively. I feel better, have loads more energy, and feel motivated to do more than just hang out and watch TV after work! How are you doing with your goals? How are you feeling (physically and emotionally)?

As it is my first opportunity to slow down and just take a breather for the first time today I’m going to keep tonight’s post short a simple. As well, there will be no post tomorrow (so look for Saturday’s food break down on Sunday) because I’m going to be spending the entire day with my wonderful hubby. Take the time this weekend to reevaluate your goals. Are they attainable? Stop beating yourself up and remember-ONE DAY AT A TIME! Have a great, restful weekend! Until next time: good eats.

Friday Food Breakdown:

Breakfast was a bit different this morning. I had an English muffin (3 points) with a tiny bit of sugar free grape jelly, an egg white (I separated the yolk from the white and put it in a microwave-safe cup and microwaved for 35-45 seconds and it came out the perfect shape for the muffin; 0 points) and a Morning Star Sausage Patty (3 points) for a total of 6 points. It was yummy, quick, and filling.

Lunch today was delicious. I got motivated this morning while making my breakfast and made 4 pieces of turkey bacon (2 points), took 2 slices of whole wheat bread (5 points), sliced an avocado (3), cut up a red onion (0 points), spread on a little lite mayo (2) and add some alfalfa sprouts and made a DELISH sandwich. I ended up eating only half of it (equals out to 6 points) along with some carrots and blueberries.

Snack on the way home was a green apple (0 points)

For dinner I decided to try another new recipe. I would share it but seeing as how I dumped it in the trash I think I’ll pass on giving this one out. It was a concoction of eggplant, mushrooms, garlic, onions, tomatoes, and red wine vinegar on top of whole wheat angel hair pasta with pasta sauce. I had 5 points worth of pasta, tossed the eggplant mix, and had a salad instead. Not being one to ever make a whimpy salad I decided tonight should be no different. I boiled an egg (I had 1 point worth), microwaved a sweet potato (2 points worth) and chopped it, and mixed it with spinach, ¼ c of almonds (I had 2 points worth), blueberries, mushrooms and onions. It was super tasty and super filling. I used a total of 13 points during dinner.

We did a pretty intense workout so with 3 points for the day left over as well as workout points I’m most likely going to indulge in just a smidge of chocolate as soon as I put the laptop to bed! Remember, check back Sunday for the date day extravaganza that will include a trip to the Atlanta Fish Market (which I’ve been saving ALL my extra points for) and a night out to see the Gladiators (we are really getting into this whole living in Gwinnett thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment