Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Victories big or small are still victories

On that motivation train! I already posted today’s piece but something about our workout tonight, the planning of the perfect date “day” Saturday, and a conversation I had with a friend via text message just has me going! A second wind if you will! As for the workout, it was ahhhhh-mazing! We were going to do the power 90 sweat 3-4 tonight but instead opted for the power 90 fat burner and it kicked my butt. It was a constant motion, no breaks, 38 minutes worth of hardcore workout! Following that 38 minutes we did our Ab Ripper 200 and somewhere between the inability to walk and the pain in my tummy I got a second wind to clean the kitchen and write tomorrow’s post!

While I was cleaning the kitchen I was having a texting conversation with a friend of mine (a pretty frequent occurrence with this particular friend) with regards to points. We often text when we are curious about the points value of a food or when we need help with a calculation-most often because one of us is near a points calculator when the other is not. Anywho, she and I were having our usual conversation (do you think that bean soup would be this many points and what not) when she mentioned a conversation she’d had with someone else during the day where she shared her “celebration” of this week’s weigh in. I was sad to read that this person not only decided not to celebrate with my friend but also made light of her victory. Now, I know there are many people out there that don’t struggle with food, weight, over indulgence, or image (interestingly enough I was actually reading about this today in my daily reading of “The End of Overeating”) but to just be downright rude, I don’t understand. Does that ever happen to you? Have you ever shared a victory with someone and gotten a response that you weren’t expecting?

WELL NOT HERE. I say: who needs ‘em! I am so proud of my friend and her celebration this week. In fact, I am so proud of all you for sticking with your goals and staying on track. Another friend of mine and follower of this blog is rocking out with a new journey also. She recently made the decision to become a vegan and get on the exercise train. She’s been plugging along for nearly 3 weeks now and she’s been such an inspiration. Keep up the great work lady! And mom, if you are reading this, I’m uber proud of you also because I know you are getting back in the swing of tracking and you are doing amazing! You too RoseMary!

I know this isn’t my usual entry but I just wanted to take the time to celebrate with all of these friends, and the rest of you. If you are like me, this DOESN’T come easy. For me it’s a one-day-at- time journey. Don’t let those people who don’t understand or who need to make themselves feel better by making you feel worse affect you and your journey; they aren’t worth it!

Please take the time to share your celebrations with us in response to this post! I’d love to see your progress-even the baby steps!

One last thought, tomorrow is my last day of “freedom” as I start a temporary position (which we hope turns into a permanent one) on Thursday! As such, these posts are going to start coming at night-much like this post! I just want to make you aware so you’ll know to look for them the next morning! And one final thought, after my post this afternoon, I was reading an article in Real Simple and came across a list of the 30 best foods for you to be eating-look for a post about that later!

Remember: there will always be those people that try to put you down, just keep your chin up and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Until tomorrow: good eats!

Today’s (Tuesday) Food Break Down:

Breakfast was the usual blend of oatmeal with chocolate chips, bananas, walnut and blueberries. I don’t know what it is about blueberries but I suddenly can’t get enough of them. I’ve always eaten them in muffins and bagels but I’ve never been a fan of them by themselves until girl’s night a week and a half ago. Thanks, Hoover, for getting me hooked (this also reverts back to today’s early post with giving things a second try)! Points total for breakfast was 8 points.

Lunch included a LARGE bowl of fresh berries and 1/8 c of Greek Yogurt for 1 point. Followed by, you guessed it, 2 T of chocolate chips for 4 points.

For dinner I was feeling adventurous and decided to attempt to make Pho Ga-a Vietnamese noodle soup that Michael and I discovered at a place on Buford Highway called Pho Bac (GO THERE if you live in the Atlanta area). Let’s just say, I’ll gladly pay $6/bowl to go and have it served to me by the professionals! Anyhow, my soup included ½ of rice stick noodles (4 points), chicken-sliced thinly (2 points), chicken broth with Hoison sauce-store bought just isn’t the same (3 points), and onions and scallions and a jalapeno in the broth. For dessert I had another piece of the Pudding Pie (for the recipe look back to a few days ago) with a few extra berries and cool whip for 6 points.

My daily total was 28 points. I’m attempting to save all my extra points this week for Saturday and our date day! Michael got a gift card from work today and we are going to treat ourselves to the Atlanta Fish Market. Several years ago when I was working as a nanny for a family in Marietta I got this same gift card ($100-to restaurants Michael and I would never pay to go to ourselves) and we took full advantage. We went during lunch and had an appetizer, entrée, dessert-the works! We’ve decided to do the same with this card! I can’t wait. They have the yummiest, freshest (seems like the weirdest word) seafood and we LOVE it! AFM, here come the Foxes! As if that wasn’t a great enough date, Michael and I decided to check out the local entertainment and we bought tickets to see the Gwinnett Gladiators (Hockey)! Here’s to looking forward to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment