Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday for the WIN!!!!

After what can only be described as a TERRIBLE Monday I am happy to report that Tuesday most definitely did not follow suit and indeed it was a good day. I had no unexpected obstacles, no garage hazards, and a good (busy) day at work. (I’m getting handed more and more responsibility and bigger projects which makes me uber excited!) I think today’s success was due in part to last night and the productive night that I had once I made it home. We worked out, cooked, ate dinner, cleaned the kitchen, I blogged, and showered all before 9:30-that is UNHEARD of in the Fox house. On top of that, I was able to prepare our breakfast for today so that we could have a smooth morning. I’m telling you, there is definitely something to be said for eating right and exercising. It has done wonders in my life. Generally by this time of day I would be so bogged down and feeling like crap-due mostly to the foods I was consuming. I was still tracking (most of the time) but I wasn’t making great choices. This go round has been so different. I think because this time around I’ve decided to focus on the lifestyle not the diet. I’ve taken it beyond just tracking points and have taken the initiative to be particular about what I’m eating and making better choices. And I have to say, I can definitely tell a difference. I’m sleeping better too. Who knew that if you actually treated your body well it would, in return, treat you well. Crazy concept! I think the other part of today’s success (the other half being last night’s productivity) was my weekly weigh in. I got up and started to get ready for work and it dawned on me that I was supposed to weigh in (obviously I’m not a morning person….”just five more minutes…please”…anyone?). I made my way downstairs and jumped on the scale and was fully rewarded for all my diligence last week. I was down 2.9 lbs. I nearly ran up the stairs (obviously I didn’t though, remember-I don’t do mornings) to tell Michael. Now I have to say, while seeing the loss of 2.9 lbs did my heart and soul good, there is NOTHING better in this world than to hear my husband tell me how proud he is of me for working so hard and that’s just what he did. (GREAT way to start a Tuesday, or any day for that matter) For some of you that may not be the case but being reassured by him does me so much good. While you guys could reaffirm me day in and day out (and I love it by the way) it just doesn’t seem to get as close to my heart as it does coming from him. Just knowing that he’s behind me every step of this journey and is pushing me and supporting me is awesome. Do you have a good support system? Do you have people you can turn to when you are having a “bad” day/week? It’s crucial. I have 4 people that I talk to on a DAILY basis about points, journaling, blogging, and just life. I have no idea where I’d be without them right now-you know who you are! I’m so thankful to have such wonderful people (and I’m grateful for ALL of you as well) be the core of what I’m doing. As if that wasn’t enough to make a good day great, I got a text this afternoon from my husband completely out of the blue telling me he loved me and that I was special to him (totally uncharacteristic) but again I say-there is NOTHING better in this world. I hope you all have those people surrounding you. For a lot of us, this journey isn’t an easy one. It’s a constant struggle with image, self esteem, food, etc… Make sure you surround yourself with people that understand what you are dealing with and who love and support you through the entire process. Trust me it will make it so much easier. At least it has for me.

Lesson of the day? A bit of a spin on an old phrase: Treat your BODY as you would like to be treated! Until tomorrow: good eats!

Tuesday Food Breakdown:

Breakfast was ¾ c of steel cut oats (4 points) with 1 T pure maple syrup (1 point), ½ T of chocolate chips (1 point), 1 T walnuts (1 point), ½ a banana and blueberries. It was A-MAY-ZING and just 7 points.

Snack included another 5 T of the yummy “trail” mix from yesterday with a bit of a twist-1 T of craisins. It was 5 points. I paired it with a super crunchy (the only way I like them) reddish apple!

Lunch was my leftover fish and sweet potatoes from the Fish Market for 8 points. I also had a pickle.

Snack when I got home included an orange and 1 T of frosting (2 points). I threw the cake in the trash after having the frosting too because I’m tired of it tempting me every day. Am I the only one who has a trouble resisting? Seriously, 2 days in a row it’s been right in my face and instead of resisting I gave into temptation. I am happy to admit that originally I was going to give in and have a piece of cake but I instantly scrapped that idea and settled for 1 T of frosting-can anyone else tell that I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth? Oh well, no guilt. It was tasty and I took control and trashed it.

Dinner was “stir fry” BBQ chicken (I cooked it the way I cook meat before stir frying) with grilled onions for 7 points and broccoli (0 points) for a daily total of 29 points.

***For the most part I do NOT figure out exercise points earned. I have never been able to properly calculate them and I know me, I’ll give myself way more credit than they do so I just steer clear. Tonight’s exercise was another round of Power 90’s cardio fat burner.***

2 comments:

  1. Day 2 of my new eating habits:

    Breakfast:
    An apple (0 pts), coffee with a tsp of heavy cream (1 pt), berries w/ 1/8 C yogurt and 1/8 C chopped raw nuts (3 pts), and a smoothie made with apple and orange juice and frozen fruit (3 pts). My breakfast starts at 5:30 and lasts until about 11. I eat the apple and drink the coffee in the car, eat the berries during my planning period, and slowly drink the smoothie throughout the next 2 or 3 classes.

    Lunch:
    Salad with cucumbers, olives, red onions, and 1/4 C guacamole (2 pts) and okra and tomato stew (0 pts).

    Snack:
    2.5 oz unsweetened banana chips (10 pts).

    Dinner:
    ~5 large pieces of steamed squash (it's not winter squash, but it's similar...something asian - 2 pts?) and 4.5 oz. of chicken thighs marinated and cooked on the cast iron skillet (5 pts).

    Snack/Dessert:
    Strawberries dipped into 1/4 C of yogurt (2 pts). That put me at 28 of my 29 points.

    I also had an intense workout with my trainer. I forgot to mention this, but Monday night, I did the Power 90 Ab Ripper, but I did 20 of each type of crunch. I also did 20 "girl" push-ups and 60 seconds of plank. After I got back from the gym Tuesday, I did the ab ripper again, but I left out the last 2 exercises. I could tell my abs hadn't fully recovered from the night before so I skipped the hardest 2. Once I'm able to go to bed by 8:30, I hope to wake up at 4:30 and start doing 10 sun salutations every morning. I'll let you know once I'm successful and doing that...this is the 3rd morning in a row I didn't get out of bed until 5:05.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, you are rocking it out! I was waiting for you to post your weigh in results before I said anything :)! So proud of how much you are doing as far as changing eating habits and working out, etc. I need to get on the working out bandwagon soon!

    ReplyDelete